South Carolina Council on Competitiveness is the go-to organization for cluster development and works with 15 statewide and regional clusters. It brings leaders of companies within the same industry together to facilitate, define and implement industry-wide strategies. Building and supporting clusters was the top recommendation of Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter, who presented his analysis of South Carolina when he came to the state in 2003.
South Carolina Council on Competitiveness focuses on:
- Strengthening core industries through clusters
- Fostering innovation in business and education through initiatives
- Connecting the dots across efforts
As part of cluster efforts, South Carolina Council on Competitiveness produces:
- Industry white papers and reports
- Economic impact studies
- Supply chain mapping
- Company and industry databases
- Thought pieces on industry or economic development policy
- Cluster analysis
- Events and conversations on competitiveness topics
- Leadership programs for industry
1411 Gervais St, Suite 315
Columbia, SC 29201
Organizations added to directory can be found by others working in similar regions or clusters. Once an organization is registered, authorized users can update and add information about their organization.
If you wish to change an Organization page, please contact the site administrators to be authorized.